★★★★★ “Every author should read this before buying or creating a book cover—your eyes will get an education.” John Fox, owner of Bookfox
Understand the chemistry of book cover design in Can You Make the Title Bigga? by award-winning book cover designer, Jessica Bell, who is recommended by Dave Chesson of Kindlepreneur, Makeuseof.com, John Fox of Bookfox, and more.
Are you self-publishing? Can You Make the Title Bigga? will inspire you with practical, actionable advice and information.
Work in marketing or graphic design in a publishing house? It offers an invaluable resource.
Studying graphic design? Already designing book covers professionally—or with dreams of doing so? Find inspiration for designs, workshops and classes.
From Jessica Bell’s witty, kind, and thoughtful perspective, you will discover:
• why book cover design is so important, whether you’re self-published, indie, or traditionally published
• the elements of an eye-catching, professional cover design
• how to research and choose potential book cover designers
• some of the biggest challenges an author and a designer face during a collaboration
• the balance between creating a book cover the author loves, the designer loves, and a potential reader loves
• how to prepare for a collaboration
• how to ensure a smooth sailing collaboration
• costs and recommended designers
and much more!
Includes over 100 color book cover design examples and information about project agreements, how to obtain puff quotes for your book, how to obtain ISBNs, a list of standard trim sizes, and binding options.
ePub + PDF